Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Thirty

Today is the last day of NaNoWriMo 2010.  It's been a blast!  I won again this year, which makes two years in a row.

I didn't write at all yesterday.  I was just riding on a natural high after validating my word count and being over 50K.  But today, I did write.  I'm so close to the end of my novel, I didn't want to lose all my momentum.

I didn't write this morning, just after work.  I wrote 1,968 words today.  I validated my word count again at the NaNoWriMo website, and I'm ending this year officially at 53,117 words.

Now I just have to finish my novel.  After that, I'll take a couple of days off just to read, then I'll start some basic proofreading to get it in shape to send off for my free proof copy from CreateSpace.  I'm very excited about that.  There's nothing like getting your novel in book form like that, except maybe actually finishing 50,000 words in 30 days.  I'm very happy now, but I was downright giddy last summer when my proof copy of my first novel arrived in the mail.  I'm ready for that feeling again, but right now, I'm just so happy to have won again.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be depressed that it's over for another year.

Word Count Widget:



My Month:

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your winning streak!

    I won too and thought CreateSpace had to been done in December but after reading your post I looked it up and they accept the codes until June 30, 2011.

    Now that is incentive to finish it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C. McKane, thanks for the congratulations; same to you. It's definitely worth it to finish just that first draft and get a proof copy. It makes the accomplishment real.

    ReplyDelete