Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Twenty-Four

Today was not such a good day, either.

We took our car in to the shop last Saturday.  Two hours later, they told us there was nothing wrong with it.  The lights coming on in our instrument panel were caused by a short in a sensor.  They would order the sensor for us in a couple of days.  Sure enough, they called on Tuesday, and I called back and made an appointment for this morning to get it taken care of.

I thought it would be quick, so my eldest son and I just waited in their waiting room.  An hour and a half later, the service rep tells us the car is ready.  Then he seemed to have some difficulty finding it.  Then I see him track down a mechanic, and they've got the hood open.  I suspected then that things were not going to go well.

Sure enough, the new sensor worked fine, but sent back the same error message.  The short was occurring somewhere else, in some mesh of wires that they want to replace.  That, too, has to be ordered.  Which means I have to come back again.  And this time, they need the car for six hours.

Right now, I hate Honda.  I hate our CR-V.  I hate the dealership that sold us the car.  And I hate everyone in their service department.  What I have been given lately, is not service.  Or, to be more precise, it has been service, but it's been lousy service.

Apparently, my time is not valuable.  It took them two hours to tell me it was a short in a sensor.  Nothing mechanical, nothing complicated.  A simple short in a circuit somewhere.  Then, it took them an hour and a half, while my son was not waiting so patiently, to install that sensor only to tell me that it was not the sensor, but something else entirely.  And you get to come back here again and essentially give us your car for a whole day.

I did write today.  I wrote 1,971 words. I'm much happier with what I wrote today, in contrast to yesterday. My total word count now is 42,458.  I only have to write 7,542 more words to reach 50K.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I'm driving up to Santa Rosa tomorrow to my grandmother's.  Then I'm cooking. I probably won't write tomorrow, but I'll try to sneak in about 500 words or so if I can manage it.

I will also be away from the internet, so no updates of my word count to the NaNoWriMo website and no posts here for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment