Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Fourteen

You just never know how your day is going to go.

I woke up early, around 5 a.m. today, which is when I normally get up during the week.  It's Sunday, and I wanted to sleep in.  But, then again, I didn't stay up late last night.  I was tired again.

So, since I was up, I wrote.  In fact, I wrote 571 words in about forty-five minutes.  I stopped to go watch CBS Sunday Morning, one of the few shows I regularly make an effort to watch.

Then I came back and wrote some more, another 811 words in about an hour or so, perhaps less.  The words are coming quickly today because I'm writing a more action-oriented, suspenseful chapter than I've previously been working on this month.

I stopped somewhere between 8 and 8:30 to get some breakfast for the boys.  I decided it was about time I ate something myself.  So, I made a pumpkin bagel with Tofutti cream cheese, and refilled my coffee cup.

It's pretty early in the morning, and I've already written 1,382 words.  I've also crossed the 25K mark, so I'm halfway to the NaNoWriMo goal of a novel of 50,000 words.

Took my Neo with me and wrote while my boys played at the park.  Also wrote while they were getting their haircuts today.  I love my Neo.  I really missed going to write-ins this past week, because my wife is out of town, but I've been writing out and about with my Neo.  I'm surprised that I can write like that, but it's totally working for me.

Wrote exactly 1,700 words today, putting me at a grand total of 26,034.

No comments:

Post a Comment