Saturday, November 20, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Twenty

Had to take the car to the shop in this morning.  I've had warning lights coming on in my instrument panel.  After two hours, we found out it was just a short in the sensor.  There's nothing physically wrong with the car, but they don't have the sensor in stock.  They have to order it and I have to bring the car back in to have it replaced.  With any luck, it will go very quickly.

Stopped on the way home, and got lots of shopping for Thanksgiving done.  When we got home, it was nearing 11 a.m.  I really wanted to go to my local write-in, but I was just so tired.  I was really overstimulated after the shopping.  And the restaurant where we had breakfast, while the car was being looked at, was too loud for me.  So, I took a nap.

After my nap, I wrote for about an hour or so before we had to take the boys to their swim class.  Then we went out to dinner as we usually do.  When we got home, I watched a little SpongeBob with the boys, and then we sent them to bed.  My better half and I watched a couple episodes of Dexter.  We recently started watching the first season on NetFlix.  As I'm heavily into writer mode now, I find I think about things differently.  One, I've noticed how well-written Dexter is, and two, I just find myself thinking about things from a writer's perspective, noticing the various sub-plots, character interactions, the use of irony, etc.

Then I retired to the sunroom for my second writing session of the day.  I wrote 2,028 words today, for a total of 35,040, which puts me at 70% of 50K.

No comments:

Post a Comment