Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Twenty-Eight

I won!  I crossed 50K today.  I even validated my novel at the NaNoWriMo website and got an official word count of 51,149.  And I'm not done.  I'm definitely in the last chapter.  I'm almost done.  One crucial scene to write and then some epilogue-type stuff and then I'm done with this first draft.

I wrote more today than I've ever written in one day.  I wrote 4,240 words today.

And I cut out some 600 words I wrote the other day that I had added to my word count.  I was in such a foul mood last Tuesday that I couldn't write after work.  I started writing about what a bad mood I was in and why.  I kept that as part of my novel and my word count, even though I had no intention of keeping it in the novel.  I cut those words out today, and I feel much better.

I hope to finish tomorrow, and then I'll take a break for a few days.  Then, I'll start doing some clean-up, just fixing typos and obvious spelling and grammar errors.  I might do some sorting into chapters and the like, maybe moving some scenes around.  Then I want to send my novel off to CreateSpace for my free proof copy.  I procrastinated last year and didn't make the deadline for my free proof copy, but I'm going to get one this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment