Saturday, November 13, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Thirteen

It was a good thing I got a little ahead on my word count over the last couple of days, because last night I was so tired.  I don't think I would have made my wound count if I hadn't gotten so many words written earlier in the day.

Let me just go on record and complain about the time change.  One, I think the whole time change thing is silly.  I'm not sure it's necessary anymore.  And frankly, the disruption of sleep patterns is annoying, if not downright harmful. Lots of people talk about gaining an hour of sleep when we "fall back" as we recently did.  But no one ever mentions losing an hour in the evening.  It's all so short-sighted, this artificial adjusting of the clocks as if we could control time.

So, I guess it finally caught up with me, because I was just so tired last night, I could barely stay awake.  And this was somewhere around 8:30.  Normally, I'm up until 10 every night, if not later.

I did sleep in today.  And I didn't get started writing until about 11 a.m.  This is the same time as the write-in I attended last weekend, which I can't make it to today.  So far, I've written 1,039 words, so I'm well on my way towards today's word count goal.  I've now crossed the 23K mark, and on my way to reaching 24K today.

I'm off now to have a little lunch, and then back to writing.  I hope to have a total of three writing sessions today. I've finished my morning one, then one this afternoon, and the last in the early evening.

It's now about 3 p.m. and I have made my word count goal for the day.  I've written 1,733 words for a total of 24,334.  I'm 48.7% done.  If I do write some more today, I'll likely cross the 25K mark and be halfway there.

We'll see how I feel after taking the boys to swim class and then out to dinner.

After dinner, we came home and watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  I was tired again after that, starting to nod off on the couch.  After I put the boys to bed I watched a little of the Monty Python documentary I've been streaming from NetFlix, and then went to sleep.  I didn't write anything in the evening as I'd thought of earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment