Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Sixteen

Woke up early again this morning.  I did write for about half an hour this morning before I took my shower.  I didn't note how many words I wrote, but it was around 600, I think.

Was really tired tonight.  I feel asleep on the couch sometime around 8 p.m watching Comedy Central.  Woke up and dragged myself out to the sunroom.  I had to meet today's word count goal.

It was rough going.  I decided to keep writing on my Neo, because I've found that I type faster on it than I do on my laptop.  I tend to keep glancing back and what I've just written on my laptop, but you can't really do that on the Neo because it only displays four lines of text.  To go back, you have to scroll up, which I can stop myself from doing easily enough.

But I was just so tired.  And then I got to the end of a scene.  Took a little break, and then started another scene.  That scene proved to be troublesome because I got to a point where I didn't know what to write next.

Actually, I do know what I need to write next but I'm not looking forward to it.  My villains have to do something nasty to someone innocent, and I'm just not excited about the direction they're taking, but I see no way around it.  Maybe I can tackle that one tomorrow.

In the meantime, I had written nearly enough words to meet today's 1,667 word count goal.  I plugged my Neo into my laptop and transferred over what I had written.  As the words filled up the pages, I noted a couple of spots where I could go back and add a little bit more.  After doing that, I found I was at 1,762 words for today.  I'm now at 29,596 words, which puts me just shy of 60%.  I'm almost three-fifths of the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment