Sunday, April 25, 2010

So, It's Sunday

Woke up Friday morning and realized I hadn't blogged on Thursday. So much for NaBloPoMo for April. And then I just wasn't in the mood to say anything on Friday; mostly because I was mad at myself for forgetting. I mean, how hard can it be to find a few minutes just to jot something down?

Some days I write a lot, because I get inspired. Other days, it's just an update on something that happened that day, just to put something down. Part of me thinks Emerson was right, foolish consistencies and hobgoblins and all that, but then I think that's just sour grapes.

I wrote everyday last November for NaNoWriMo. I didn't blog everyday that month, but I did write more than 50,000 words, so I know I can write everyday. And this month, not only did I try my hand at NaBloPoMo again, but I've been writing poems for the Poem a Day Challenge.

Okay, so I haven't written a poem every day. I started the month writing a poem each day, but then I started to fall behind. I wrote three or so last weekend and got mostly caught up; I think I was only one poem behind schedule. And this week I fell even further behind. (I blame it on the stress of standardized testing.) But already this morning, I wrote three poems. I have three more to write and I'll be caught up again.

I will write thirty poems this month. I may have failed the NaBloPoMo challenge of blogging everyday, but I will write thirty poems this month. (There are thirty days in April, right?)

2 comments:

  1. I've won NaNoWriMo three times now, and on none of those occasions have I written every day. Writing every day is hard... it requires life to go smoothly day after day, and for inspiration to make at least a fleeting visit, and..... Well, let's just settle for saying it's hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to write every day, though I found it easier to work on my novel every day than I have found it to blog every day for a month. I didn't even write a poem every day in April, though I did write 30 poems in 30 days.

    ReplyDelete