Friday, April 16, 2010

Poem a Day Update

I've fallen behind on my poems. I'm three days behind schedule, which is ironic because the prompt for yesterday, tax day, was to write a deadline poem. Now, I have to write a death poem, a deadline poem, and a (blank) island poem.

I'm planning on getting caught up this weekend. I like to mull the prompt over in my head and see what ideas come to me, which often happens when I'm driving, but sometimes it just works better to sit down and start writing.

I did that the other day for Tuesday's prompt, which was to write a love poem or an anti-love poem, two concepts that I decided to combine into one poem. Once I sat down and started to write, ideas just came to me, and I ended up writing a longer poem. The first stanza needs to be reworked or cut entirely, but the rest of the poem came together once I got writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment