Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Music Postlude - Part One

Well, Christmas is over. 2006 is over. Even my five-year-old is teasing me about still listening to Christmas music. But that doesn't stop him from singing along with Jingle Bells, so go figure. But I am actually starting to delete Christmas music from my MP3 player, as I save them to disc. So, here's my Christmas music wrap-up for this year...

I got up to 400 Christmas songs on my MP3 player. Jingle Bells still holds the #1 spot with 22 different versions. There is a two-way tie for second place with White Christmas and The Christmas Song at 18 versions each. Winter Wonderland is #3 with 17 versions, and at #4 is Silent Night with 12 versions. There is another two-way tie at #5 with Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas with 11 versions each. Sleigh Ride and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town are tied at #6 with 9 versions each. Yet another two-way tie at #7: Blue Christmas and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with 8 versions each. At #8 is What Are You Doing New Year's Eve with 7 versions. Tied for ninth place is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Deck the Halls with 6 versions each. And with five versions each coming in at tenth place are: Carol of the Bells, Here Comes Santa Claus, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock, O Holy Night, Santa Baby, Silver Bells, and We Three Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment